Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

A Truckin' We Will Go...and a Moose Encounter

 Well, I loaded up all the dogs today for the 3rd day in a row running the hills of Shirley Towne.  The above picture is team one, with Magic and Ursa in lead.  A beautiful day, and great trails.
 One of the many hills, with more to come....
 Almost to the top...
 Team two with Arnie and Turbo in lead.  
A great run.  However, got a bit tense near the very end.  A rather large moose was stopped at the edge of the trail.  He/she seemed not at all interested in leaving the trail, and wouldn't take his/her eyes off my team.   I had stopped well back on the trail and was standing on my brake.  Not enough snow to set a hook and the dogs started going nuts.  Barking and barking at the moose and starting to drag my sled closer.

With a firm, WHOA, my team quit pulling and I was able to hold my sled.  Finally the moose got off the trail and went into the woods.  I took that opportunity to take off down the trail with the dogs going at top speed...which is what they generally do when they see or sense a moose.

We went on past with no sign of the moose.   Thank goodness !

No comments:

Post a Comment