Day two on the a sled and its a GREAT day. Dogs are happy and were raring to go.
So was the Musher !
I am running two 8 dog teams. Yes, that is only 16 dogs. I have a very small kennel of 13 dogs. At a minimum, I would prefer to have 24 dogs to train up an Iditarod team. So, I am borrowing a few dogs to complete my team. I have 5 of Bob's dogs in my kennel and he has two of mine, which leaves me with 16 dogs. My friend Lev has offered me the dogs that he will be training all winter that don't make his team. So, I should be covered.
The dogs all get a snack and a drink after a run...sometimes the mushers do too.
Anticipation..Outside Alaskan Dream Espresso
A great way to end a fantastic run...a white mocha !
No comments:
Post a Comment