Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2014

READING SLED

Have sled...will travel !


It was exciting this past year to visit schools and to bring with us, a beautifully made wooden sled, all hand tied.  It was a big hit, along with sled dogs, Yen and Biscotti.  


This next year I plan to get "Mushing for Literacy" off the ground, with even more school visits.  My goal is to acquire a number of "Reading Sleds" to put in Libraries for a comfy reading space for readers.  

Prairie Elementary is the first school to host a "Reading Sled".   They will be the caregivers of my very special sled until I return after Iditarod 2015 and hit the trail with school visits.  This sled is one that I bring to classes.  


I am so glad to have this sled put to good use and not just sit in my Edmonds garage for the next 6 months.  I know that the students at Prairie Elementary will take good care of it.   Here is a picture of Colton, Carley, Rianna, Olivia, McKaylee, Ambria, Kevin, Ricardo, and Trissani holding books on mushing.  

Read Kids,  Read ! ! !



No comments:

Post a Comment