Pages

Monday, November 17, 2014

TO ST. MATTHEW KIDS




Hi Nancy and Kids !  It is so great to be back in Alaska and home with Bob and my dogs.  Biscotti is doing great and has even been running in lead.   I have been running him with Ursa and Magic.

I am going to take this time to answer a few of your questions.   I will keep at it until I answer all of them.  It make take a few days, but I will answer them.  Keep checking back.  

Turner:  You wished me good luck on the race and to have fun.   Thanks Turner.  I am having fun      already. 

Sophie:  You thanked me for coming to you school and said that you learned a lot.  You are so welcome.  I always love coming to your school and I am glad that you learned a lot.  I am sure that you will learn a lot more in the months to come.   Have fun learning and following the Iditarod !

Lauryn:   You said that my dogs are adorable.  : )   I think so too !   

Steven:  You asked if I can bring my sled when I come back to visit in the spring.  Absolutely !  I will most likely also be bringing one of my sled dogs and I will bring most of my gear.  

Aliyah:  Thank you for the wishes to do well on the Iditarod.   I will do my best.  

Mateo:  It is nice to know that you are all rooting for me.   Thank you !

OK kids, I have to get back to my chores and get ready to truck my dogs to Shirley Towne !   Have a great day.

Well, today it rained and the dog runs turned into ice skating rinks. So very slick.  We made the decision to not run dogs.  So it was time to get chores done around the house and kennel.  
When we were out feeding dogs this evening, it was so slick out.  We wore creapers on out boots...spikes on our boots so that we could get around on the ice.   Unfortunately, Bob fell.  He is going to be quite bruised up and really sore tomorrow.  

So, I am going to take this time to answer some more of your questions or messages to me.  Then it is off to bed and up early in the morning.

Edom:  Thank you Edom.  I do believe in myself, but I also believe in God and will pray and praise my way down the trail. The power of prayer is awesome and a great comfort to me.  I am grateful that I have many people who pray for me and my dogs as we train and run the Iditarod.

Sam:  I am glad that you liked trying on my Iditarod clothes.  You would make a great musher !

Nell:  You asked how you keep up with others in the race.  It is so important to be efficient in the check points so that you have time for some sleep.  I will try and keep a schedule and get in and out of the check points without staying too long.  Each little delay adds up and you can never get lost time back.

Sofia: My oldest sled dog is Ursa...she is 10 years old.

Maida:  Who is my favorite dog?  That is one of the most difficult questions to answer.  Tok was a very special dog to me.  I will never forget him.  He will always have a very special place in my heart.  Then there is Amber girl...and the list goes on.  I guess each dog is special for its very own way.  They each have their very own personalities.  There are definitely some who I have a stronger bond with.  Jimmy is one of my special dogs, along with Yen, and Turbo and Chad and Otter.

Sam:  How many dogs have I had in my whole life?  Well, I have had 24 dogs.  Right now I have 12.
Sofia:  I am running 15 dogs right now.

Time for bed...I need my sleep.   Will continue later.




No comments:

Post a Comment