Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2014

SIGNING UP FOR IDITAROD 2015


                                     

Saturday was the Volunteer's Picnic and sign ups for the 2015 Iditarod.  It was great to see friends and meet volunteers and teachers who were there for the workshop.  The weather cooperated beautifully, with sunny skies warm temperatures.  

Thirty six mushers signed up in person and 24 others signed up by mail or fax.  Of the 60 mushers, 22 are women and 38 are men.  

I have some very exciting news to share.  Each year ITC has a drawing for two Iditarod entry fees.  I won one of the entry fees!   it is only a drop in the bucket, but a HUGE drop in the bucket.  I have a long ways to go to raise the money to train and run Iditarod 2015, but this is a great start.  Thank you ITC !
Jan Steves and Ben Harper winners of the Entry fee drawing,
with Race Marshall, Mark Nordman



4 comments:

  1. Congrats Jan, Hope ypu make it to the end this year

    Good Luck

    George

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Jan. Here's hoping it's a much better year for cold and snow.

    ReplyDelete