Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2013

PREPARING FOR WINTER

Well, the temperatures are falling.  This morning we woke to 22 degrees.  Time to dig out the refrgerware,  warm hats, neck warmers, work gloves,etc.

We went to the feed store and bought 10- 90 pound bales of straw.  I prefer smaller bales, and ones that are not compressed, but the local clean straw was damp and we made the decision to purchase the compressed bales shipped up from Washington State.  Last year I bought some local straw and it was filled with fox tails in it.  Not good for the dogs.

Time to work on the dog lot and time to fill in the holes.  Ursa..aka: "Digger" has really been quite the excavator... I do believe that she was digging to China !   She is very proud of her holes.

Ursa, Iditarod Finisher, is one of my leaders.  She runs great with  Magic.   
Here is a pic of the two of them after a run today.
      


No comments:

Post a Comment