Originally, I had made plans to have dinner with my dad before I left for Anchorage. But after thinking about it for the better part of the day, I made the decision to just stop by his place and give him a big good bye hug and head out for the Embassy Suites. I would be driving through Seattle in the middle of rush hour. Granted, I would be going against traffic, but sometimes it is bad in both directions. This would be the first time that I would be parking my car at the Embassy suites. I had no idea how long check in and getting a shuttle would take.
Traffic was great...much better than expected. The experience at Embassy Suites was fabulous and I was parked in no time and on a shuttle within 5 minutes. I arrived at the airport by 6:15, for my 8:10 flight. M.
I looked as bad as I felt. I was having a MAJOR allergy attack and possible a cold on top of it. Armed with Claritin and my inhaler, I boarded my flight. Only thing that I wish that I had was soft kleenex. I arrived in Anchorage with red and swollen eyes, feeling awful, but so happy to be there !
We stopped at the Walmart in Wasilla and shopped for groceries and the essentials...a box of soft Kleenex(nose friendly), Benadryl, and Emergen-C Blueberry-Acai IMMUNE plus packets.
After arriving home to "One Ear Up Kennel" I had to visit with each of my pups. It was so great to see them. Then it was off to sleep, with the decision that no alarms would be set and I would wake up when I was ready. At about 2 am I woke up to the wonderful sound of my team in a group howl. It is great to be home.
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment