Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

TWELVE DEGREES IS A GOOD THING

Wheel Dogs Spot and Roan
When I woke up this morning the thermometer said 12 degrees...Yeah!  That means that the trail will be set up and it is cold enough to take out a team. 


Team Raring to Go !
Well, I have been busy.  I finally have all of our return bags sorted through and the stuff put away.  I have washed thousands of booties and will run them to the Laundromat today to throw in the dryer.   I have also washed all of our returned wool socks.  They are all hanging to dry.  Dog coats are washed and ready to either store for the summer or return to who we borrowed them from.  I still have a load of wool mitts and fleece neck warmers to wash and then store. 


Taking a quick break
Saturday Angie Taggart came over and we ran dogs.  It was great fun.  We each took out  2 6 dog teams.  One of my teams turned into a 5 dog team at the last minute.   I thought that I would try Nugget in lead and when we were hooked up, he kept turning around in lead and wanted no part of it.  I quickly unhooked him and hooked him to the stake out chain.  I then took off with 5 dogs and Jack ran in single lead.  Dogs had a great time.   Nugget got to go out with team two and I did not put him in lead.  It was beautiful out in the swamp and it is so nice that we have reclaimed our trails from the moose. 

Saturday Evening we had a great potluck dinner at Linda and Larry Cline's.  It was fun celebrating with friends who helped get us on the trail.  They all brought their pictures and we brought ours.  We told tales from the trail.  A fun evening for all.  For me it was also Good Bye's to some of my friends. 

Sunday we went to Church and enjoyed our gathering after church.  Final Good Bye's to Pastor Cheryl, Linda and Larry and Mark.  Next Sunday is Easter Sunday and that will find me back with my family in Edmonds. 

Sunday afternoon we went to Eagle Quest Lodge for a juicy hamburger....when we got there  Shirley told us that she had no more hamburger.  Bummer...but not to worry.  Everything is delicious there.  We ended up having corned beef and soup.  While there we played a few rounds of Farkle(we were expertly coached by Shirley)...and now we are both hooked.  I said my Good Bye's and when we walked out the door Shirley gave us the little Farkle Box. 

So Beautiful
Well this morning I watered my dogs and then had breakfast.  Played a round of Farkle, my new pass time.  Actually it is quite fun.   Bob just took off to groom the trail and we will both hook up a team when he returns. 


Leads Tok and Jack
I just love these guys !








4 comments:

  1. I hope you will be returning after Easter. I have really enjoyed reading this blog and living vicariously through your exploits. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be...wild horses couldn't keep me away. Happy Easter to you too.

      Delete
  2. It was really cool to read about what you did on the iditarod trail. It meant a lot to me a letter back from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, you've been busy! Thank you for answering our previous post. The kids were thrilled to get a chance to "talk" to you. We are on spring break the week after Easter. We hope you have a happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete