Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

CATCHING UP....

Well, last Tuesday I was at a coffee shop in Edmonds having an interview...and sitting next to me was Nancy from St Matthews.  I mentioned the word "Booties" and it caught her attention.   I heard my name called with a question....and there sits Nancy with friends having coffee.  We couldn't believe it.

After my interview I sat and talked a bit.  It is truly a small world.  It was great meeting face to face.
I have been busy re adjusting to life here in Edmonds.   The dogs are doing well in Willow.  I hope to head north soon for a visit... "we will see".  I am also hoping to bring Tok back with me.  That is another "we will see".  It would be great to have him here for the school visits. 
The beginning of breakup in Willow

One of the many letters from school kids
I have been busy working on my powerpoint presentation and I have been scheduling speaking engagements.  I am also working on answering the many letters from school kids across the U.S.  It is taking me far longer than I imagined.


 
Tomorrow I will see Dr. Matsen...for a check on the shoulder and xrays of my elbow.  It will be great to see the "Team".   Ten months ago I underwent rotator cuff surgery and a month and a half ago I put it to the ultimate test on the Iditarod.

3 comments:

  1. Jan, thanks for the "shout out"! ☺ When I told the kids about our visit they were delighted that I had a chance to visit with you. I see you have a lot going on, but hope that we'll see you soon.

    Great photos - Love the debonair dog with the crossed legs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So hoping you're going to be doing at least one presentation in Edmonds/Seattle soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. June 2nd, 10 - 11:30 at the Edmonds Theater.
      Sign up through Europe Through the Back Door.
      425-771-8303 or www.ricksteves.com Click on free travel classes to sign up.

      Delete