Well, I arrived in Anchorage at 11:45 PM Friday night. All I can say is it is wonderful to be back in Willow. Dogs are all doing great. I am sitting this morning, (actually evening now...I just looked at the clock and it is 5:15) at the kitchen table and I can look right out the sliding glass door and see my entire team, less two. They are sunning themselves on the tops of their dog houses. Earlier when I got up I went to the door and opened it. I howled and soon got the entire dog lot howling together. It is my favorite "music" to hear. Throughout the day they will break out in a group howl, starting off with one dog and growing until they are all howling in unison.
I got a big kick out of Amber on the last one. She was sleeping atop of her house and the howling began. I saw her mouth open and could tell that she had joined them. The rest were all standing with heads in the air while lazy Amber was laying down, eyes closed and giving a moderate effort to join the group.
Break up is not a fun time around here. We actually had to put the truck in 4 wheel drive to get out of the driveway. Mud, mud, everywhere. We have moved dogs to drier runs. Some of the dog houses are like islands. The ground is slowing absorbing the water from the melting snow. Bob's dog lot is much better than mine. His was well prepared with break up in mind. His is sand and drains well. My dog lot was put in right on the existing soil. We will put in a more permanent run for my dogs later and it will also be sand.
Sunday, April 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment