![]() |
| Edmonds Waterfront by Pfly |
When in Alaska, family is "out of sight" but not "out of mind". Coming home now, family is "in sight" and every time I see my dad I am reminded of her absence. I am getting used to having breakfast with my dad and looking at him across the table at Claire's (their favorite breakfast spot) and my mom is not sitting there by his side. Kind of hard.
I left Willow earlier than planned, as I found out that my brother was heading for Europe on the 8th. I caught a flight on Friday evening the 6th and Rick and Trish hosted a potluck on Saturday to celebrate my homecoming and finish of Iditarod. It was a wonderful evening with 33 friends gathered together to hear stories of the trail.

Dear Jan,
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to hear of your loss. You are a courageous woman to still continue with the Iditarod while your heart was breaking. I hope you can find comfort in the arms of your family and friends as well as in the memories of your beloved mother.
Julie Eppenberger
Thanks Julie.
DeleteJan,
ReplyDeleteIt was so exciting to see you last Tuesday at the Walnut St. Cafe! Thank you for sitting and talking to Kara and me - sharing your Iditarod adventures and more! We so look forward to having you visit St. Matthew and the kids will be in awe when I share the story of meeting you - serendipitously - at the coffee shop!
I couldn't believe it...it is truly a small world. It was great meeting you.
DeleteJan,
ReplyDeleteLean into the Comfort of the Holy Spirit who is the Comforter...see you soon...Debi