Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

NULATO TO KALTAG

Today was a fabulous day. The dogs did well, and so did I. I put Tok in lead and he seemed to be his old self.

We had about a 34 mile run. I ran Jimmy in lead again and had the same experience. He is a good little leader.

There was not too much different about this run as the last few days...river, river, river...

When we turned onto a slough, the dogs really picked up. They seemed to like the change. The trail breaks put funny little signs up...it was good for a chuckle. "sheep crossing, Pig Crossing, etc.

Coming into Kaltag was neat. We could see the whole village from the river and we sort of came right up to the center of the village. You could see the school building, standing out, painted red.

When we arrived at the school, the children were there and very excited to help us. I had a group of children helping remove booties and then giving the dogs snacks. They also helped feed the dogs. So much fun !

Felicia, the k-4 teacher has let us use her computer in her room. It is great as there are no restrictions on the computer. When we use the student's computers in the computer lab, we can't access facebook or I can't post on my blog.

Thank you so much Felicia !

Bill and I are sleeping in her room and it is quiet and the temp is cold ! Usually we are in a very warm gym.

Good night !

4 comments: