We left Galena Friday morning and It was a rough run for me. I am still quite shell shocked. I found myself in tears when an oncoming snowmachine waited until what seemed to be last minute to turn off the trail in front of my team. I really am hoping that I will get back to my old self...and not one of re-triggering the emotions of when the dogs were hit.
Jack seems to be doing well, but Tok is also not himself. I tried him in lead and pulled him from lead after about a half hour. I did find that one of my swing dogs, Jimmy, runs really well in lead.
We had about a 48 mile run. The dogs did great until the last 10 miles. That took almost what seemed to be twice as long.
We parked the dogs in a ball field. It was nice to have the chain link fence to tie the dogs off to with their picket lines.
I am struggling with my hands going numb when I sleep. It has been a real drag. I have thought at a few times that I may not be able to make the trip. But I have been able to deal with it so far. I am wearing a wrist splint at night and also am taking 800 mg of ibuprofen and a muscle relaxer. I have had to deal with an accumulative loss of sleep.
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment