Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

TUESDAY-- JANUARY 12th

Well, last night I was every Alaskan male's dream...I went to bed with polar weight long johns and gray flannel plaid PJ's, a pair of wool socks and a pair of fleece socks, and a knit hat. LOL...quite a visual ! And yes...I was warm and slept well. Yesterday I was chilled to the bone.

Woke up this morning and it was zero degrees...CELEBRATE ! I ate a hearty breakfast this morning, hoping to have a warmer time on the sled. With fingers still sore from yesterday, I was armed with hand warmers in the mitts and also a good supply in my pocket.

I switched out my sled from yesterday back to my blue sled. I am constantly a source of amusement to Ted..."my dogs", "my sled" and "my truck". I took out an 8 dog team and we went 36 miles. It was a great run. Then I got home and had lunch and took out another 8 dogs and we went for 12 miles. When we took off, Walt went on the wrong side of a 4x4 post...and the post was sheered off at the ground level. He broke his neckline. I was just so glad the he was alright. When I got back from run #2, one of the puppies greeted me, dragging his chain. I hooked him temporarily to one of the dog runs. Snacked my dogs and put them back to their houses. Ted had the food ready for me and I fed the dogs and then went into the house and had dinner. A long day...but a very satisfying day.

I got a call from Kathy Fredricks and she told me that her landlord gave me permission to run from her dog lot. That is great news, as now I can go on runs with her and explore a whole different trail system. It will be fun running with someone rather than alone all the time. I will have to load up the dogs when we go running together and drive them over in the dog truck.


No comments:

Post a Comment