Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Northern Lights

I just couldn't resist sharing the Northern Lights from Denali Park.  They are so beautiful.  I will never forget the first Northern Lights that I ever saw.  I saw them when I was in Ruby, volunteering for Iditarod 2008.  They were absolutely gorgeous.  Some children were out there 1 am whistling to the lights.  I was told that they believed that if they whistled, the lights would dance.  I tell you, dance they did.  They were spiraling in beautiful colors of green and purple.  




3 comments:

  1. Jan, you are someone I've admired since I heard and read about your Iditerod Adventures. I want you to know that you have inspired me to head North to Coldfoot AK., the Arctic Circle, to see the Northern Lights 'being born'. I'll be in AK in a few days. I'm 68 years old and traveling Solo with smiles. Thank you, Jan - hope you're planning some more fun. I'm proud of you (and, by gosh, proud of me, too!)
    Linda from Oklahoma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it, Linda! Sounds like a great adventure and fabulous for body, mind, and soul. Travel well and find contentment and adventure wherever you go.

    ReplyDelete