Each year at the Ceremonial Start we have and Iditarider in our sled. Someone has bid for our sledbag and it is a rundraiser for the Iditarod. They have an incredible opportunity to be up close and personal with an Iditarod Dog Team and Musher.
 |
2014 Iditarod, my rider was my oldest daughter, Nicolina. My Tag sled driver was one of my best friends, Cindy Klettke This was an experience of a lifetime for my daughter and I, and very special to share it with family friend, Cindy. |
 |
2013, my rider was Gillian. I have a picture of us when we met out on the trail, Iditarod 2012 |
 |
2102, my Rider was Teresa Cooper. She shared my dream, and I shared hers. |
Iditarod 2015 ? I have no idea who my rider is, but someone bought my sled. I will find out at a Meet and Greet Pizza Lunch, Thursday, March 5th. I could find out sooner if the mystery person sends me a message !
Hi Jan,
ReplyDeleteSamuel would like to know what the purpose of a "Tag Driver" is and how is that person selected. This is just for the ceremonial start, right? Joey wants to know if every musher has an Iditarider?
Thanks Jan!!
Julie and the Cherry Valley superstars! :)
Hi Cherry Valley SuperStars! ! ! !
ReplyDeleteIt is Great hearing from you ! On the Ceremonial start, we all have an Iditarider in our sled. We are limited to a smaller team, I believe 12 dogs. And we have to have a tag sled or a second person on our sled. This is just for the Ceremonial start. It is very important that the dog teams are controlled. No run a way teams. No pulled hooks. If the dogs get tangled, the tag driver or the musher can go forward and take care of the dogs and the other person can set a hook and stand on the brake. It is a safety thing. There are sooooo so many adults and children, along with dogs that line the trail.
How's your reading coming along ?
Thanks for the information Jan! Our reading is going well, thank you. We are currently reading Stone Fox. :)
ReplyDeleteWe even have some new kids in our group to learn about the Iditarod and we're ALL counting down to the start!!
Happy and safe trails!
Michael, Lita, Sullivan, Samuel, Mikey, Faith, Maia, Sam and Mrs. E.