I just finished my food drops and it was a HUGE task. I am so relieved to have it done. I will tell you, I wore my Prairie Elementary Hoodie to the food drops. Thank you all so very much. I am going to take the Iditaread tag with me on my sled to Nome. It will be my good luck charm and remind me of all of you kids rooting for me. : )
This evening I took the time to read your letters. Thank you so very much for the wonderful letters. Your letters brought a BIG smile to my face. You all asked so many great questions. I don't have time to answer your letters right now as there are just 15 days until the start of Iditarod. I still have so much to do to be ready for the race.
I did want to answer a few questions that many of you asked...
The puppies belong to Bob and yes, they are so very cute and cuddly. We think that these two will be sled dogs as both their parents are sled dogs, however, some puppies become pets.
:Yes, my French Toast is good. To make it, I dip bread into a milk and egg mixture and then I fry it in butter. Then I spread it with Almond Butter. Sometimes I will put sliced bananas on it. Then I put another pieced on top of it like a sandwich. I like to put pure maple syrup on them. I cut up the french toast in to bite sized pieces and put them in a Food Saver boil-able bag. On the trail they are frozen solid. I put the bag into the boiling water and it thaws it and heats it up. Then it is ready to eat!
I send out 2,000 pounds of supplies on the trail. It was mostly dog food.
Well, I have got to get caught up on my sleep. Happy Reading !
No comments:
Post a Comment