Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

QUICK END OF SUMMER UPDATE

I've been working hard getting caught up from being away for 7 months.  As always, I cherish my time with my dad.  This is my second summer home since my mom passed away.  I sure miss her and so does dad. 
July-Sunday brunch with dad at Iver's Mukilteo Landing
,
My work this summer has been mostly painting and landscape work, with a few presentations thrown in here and there.  Of course, the priority has been spending time with, and caring for my dad.  In addition, I have managed to do a bit of muCh needed work on my house.  
Painted the front door and replaced the weather seal

Replaced my old toilet with a comfort height toilet,
 which resulted in having to replace the flooring.


Added kitchen cabinets in the studio apartment.  

What a beautiful summer we have had here in Edmonds.  Painting in the heat can be a bit challenging.  Usually my summers are full of hiking and bike riding.  I have a a lot of catching up to do.  I have been on two short hikes and one bike ride.  I need to get back to hauling 5 gallon buckets of water and feed.

Just as I was getting ready to head home to Willow, my father ended up in the hospital.  He is now transitioning from "independent living" to "assisted living".   I had to cancel my flights and hope to reschedule soon.  I am sure missing my dogs.
Dad and I having dinner at his new place in assisted living.  
Dreaming of dogs these days.  Hoping to hop a flight on the 31st.  Destination: Anchorage  Final destination:  One Ear Up Kennel

No comments:

Post a Comment