Pages

Monday, April 20, 2015

School Visits...Here We Come !

Letters from school kids
One of the most rewarding experiences that running the Iditarod has given me, is the opportunity to be involved with students from across the U.S.  During training and throughout the Iditarod, I receive letters and pictures from children from all over, sharing with me what they are learning in the classroom.

This is an exciting time for me post Iditarod.  I can't wait to begin school visits.  I love sharing with the kids my Iditarod experiences and more than anything, I love to hear about what they have learned about the Iditarod.  I am always truly amazed.  In addition to learning about the Iditarod, many of the classes had their own "Idita-Read and Read-a-thons going on.  Those kids were devouring books!

To most of the classrooms I will bring a sled, my gear and lead dog Yen.  For a few of the classrooms Veteran Iditarod "Bob Chlupach" will come along as well.  That is always exciting.  Some of the kids in the past have nick named him "Encyclopedia Bob"...and the nick name fits him well.  He has a wealth of knowledge of the Iditarod, both past and present.

1 comment:

  1. Cherry Valley kiddos are getting excited!

    ReplyDelete