Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Evening with the Everett Mountaineers

This evening I had the opportunity to be the keynote Speaker for the Everett Mountaineers at their monthly branch meeting. It was held at the Snohomish County Administration Building in Everett.

I shared my powerpoint presentation of my last 3 winters training in Willow Alaska. It gives an overview of race and training experiences and then focusses on the 2011 Serum Run...an 800 mile journey from Nenana to Nome. I was one of the 11 dog teams to travel 22 days on the trail, commemerating the 1925 Serum Run where village dog teams relayed the serum to Nome.

It was wonderful seeing old familiar faces and many new ones. Amber, my swing dog enjoyed the attention as much as the audience enjoyed her. It was a nice turnout and many questions were asked throughout the talk.


Thank you to the Everett Mountaineers for the opportunity for me to share my dream. Also a BIG thank you those who "joined my team" and sponsored us ! Your support is so greatly appreciated. Amber, stretching it to the max !

No comments:

Post a Comment