Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

ALASKA BOUND...VIA THE ALCAN !



Oh my gosh, I thought that I would never be ready to hit the road. With a delayed departure of one day, we were on the road by 10:30 this morning. The car is packed to the brim and there is a nice space for Amber. Tied to the top of the car is a beautiful wooden Ed Moody sled, crafted by Jeff Johnson.

1:30 we stopped for a picnic lunch. It was a good thing that we stopped when we did. We found one of our totes melted from the exhaust pipe. I think that we were very lucky, as we had propane bottles in the tote and everything was really hot. After we repacked our totes, we were back on the road.








Lunch





Amber, enjoying a break.




At every stop we have made, people come up and admire the sled. Quite a conversation starter.

We are staying the night in 100 Mile House.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got going on your adventure. Had a great time at your Aloha...hope we didn't scare Bob too much! Looking forward to hearing about your fun and frustrations as you prepare for the idterod. Love ya...Judi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Judi, thanks for the message...thanks so much for the Aloha...it was so great getting together before I left. Love all you all ! Jan

    ReplyDelete