Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

ALASKA BOUND...

Flight was delayed, but only by about a half hour. Good thing as I took the wrong exit for the parking lot. I got stuck in road work traffic both directions trying to find my way. I finally found the parking lot and parked my car. The shuttle took me to the airport and then I had to deal with the security. It was packed. I was so glad that my flight was delayed. It was too close for comfort.

The flight was great and I arrived in Anchorage and headed for the baggage claim. I took a quick look and my bag wasn't there yet, so I went to the truck to say hi to Ted and put my carry on bags in the truck. I was also hoping that there was a remote chance that he brought Amber. When I opened the truck door, there she was !

It was great to see her and I opened the back door and hooked her to a lead and the two of us went into the terminal and grabbed my one checked bag. It was great seeing Amber and I was excited to see the rest of the team. I got kisses and hand shakes (her way of telling me to keep petting her) all the way back to Willow.

When we arrived home, I changed my clothes and spent some time at the dog lot greeting my team who took me to Nome on the Serum Run. They all looked great. I then watered and fed all the dogs and then had dinner. The plan was for me to run a 10 dog team in the morning.

I have never been to Alaska when it is daylight all day long. I wondered how I would sleep. It is good to be back !

1 comment:

  1. Give Amber a big hug for me and a kiss on her cold nose.

    Sue Snell

    ReplyDelete