I ordered a ton of beef for the dogs. It was trucked from Minnesota and we picked it up in Palmer. That was quite a load for our little trailer, but we made it home safe. That was the easy part...now each of those 5o pound blocks will have to be cut up into 10 pound chunks and then sliced into small pieces and bagged. Just for Serum run, we will pack out 500 pounds of the beef and 150 pounds of the fat.
Before I went home for Christmas, I cut up nearly half a ton of the beef and loaded it in a large chest freezer. I still have the other half to deal with. It is stacked in our "Outdoor Freezer"...on a palet right in the yard. Lately it has been like a deep freeze, with mother nature keeping it at -10 degrees.
No comments:
Post a Comment