Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

SUPERBOWL SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 7TH

Well, my plan was to take out a ten dog team today, but Ted said that I should take the day off. Bummer...so I followed his advice even though I wanted to run my team. Instead I figured that I would take out the snow machine and go explore the area that I was lost in. I wanted to get that figured out again and actually see just where I was.

Paula wanted to go with me so we bundled up and hit the trails. There was more fresh snow and the trails need dragging. We went onto the trail that Joe took me on earlier in the week on snowmachines. With in about 20 minutes here came Joe on the trail with his dog team. We said our "hello's" and he told me there was a team behind him. Sure enough...more dogs. What a beautiful sight when you see them come and then they go right on past you.

Well, shortly after we left them, we rolled the snowmachine. I asked Paula if she was alright and she said yes...she asked me if I was ok...and I answered yes. Then we just laid there and laughed. The snow machine was still running and we pushed it up. We were able to get it out and back onto the trail. Off we went again. Then as we came around a corner and there was this mondo hill in front of us, I heard a few interesting words behind me...lol...and up the hill we went and back down the other side. This was not an easy trail to ride double on a snowmachine and soon we slid off a banked part of the trail off the trail. And there we were stuck.

There was no way that I wanted to call Ted. Paula and I tried digging out the snowmachine , but we couldn't get it out of the hole it was in. We were both kicking ourselves for not having the jack and a come-a-long. Well, Paula called Ted and he called Bob, who is a neighbor. He came out and helped us get the snowmachine back on the trail. I followed him out to a clearing where we turned around and then we were back on the trail and I picked up Paula and we headed back. He was so nice to stay behind us just in case...

When we got back home(one hour before game time), Ted wasn't all that pleased...I wanted to say that I should have ran a team...but I bit my tongue. I headed off to town to buy more ribs for the dinner with our GPS tutor and I also decided to go to JoAnne Fabrics to buy material to sew a straw bag to carry straw with on top of my sled. Picked up some more lithium batteries and headed home.

Well, I spent the evening sewing and my plan worked great...however, as I was sewing the last end piece...I realized that I sewed it wrong side out. I guess it was time to call it a night and work on it the next day.


1 comment:

  1. Upside down and inside out all in one day. Sounds like a lot of my days!

    ReplyDelete