It is Sunday, February 21st and we are off to breakfast at Angle Haven, Deshka Landing. That was my first checkpoint on the Klondike 300. However, it was a sign and go...no stopping, no food or dog drops. So on the race...I just got to see the parking lot that we came through. We had a nice breakfast with friends of Ted and Paula's.
When we got home I watered the dogs. Now I am waiting a bit before I run them. I will run two teams and we will just go to the second turnaround, which is about 14 miles round trip. After yesterday's run, Chad and Red are looking good. It is amazing that Chad is looking good. Usually shoulder issues take 3 weeks of healing. So I am being very careful to not over do it with him and we are keeping his distance and speed down.
I have been able to catch a bit of the Olympics so I am happy about that. I really have missed watching them, but the Klondike started the same time. I missed the opening ceremonies but will get a chance to catch the closing ones hopefully.
Well, it is about time for me to head out and hook up some dogs !
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment