 |
| THE TEAM |
Such a great feeling to have the meat cut up and in a freezer "Rock Hard" for Iditarod food drops. Was a little worried as we were one person short, but Becky, Anna and I were able to actually keep up with Michael. Kept us on our toes.
 |
| ASSEMBLY LINE |
Here you can see the "Meat in Waiting", ready for Michael to grab and cut. This year my meat came mostly in 10 pound "chubs", rather than 50 pound blocks. A bit more work for us, as we had to remove each bag, but easier for the butcher.
 |
| IN ACTION |
As Michael cuts, we weigh and bag and transport meat to the freezer. I think that we had the meat cut up in 3 hours. Later this we will assemble the food drop bags.
Excellent! This is so amazing to see...hard to imagine how much meat that must be!! So glad to see a major task is done! Your Prairie kids will be so glad to see your blog posts. We are in the midst of writing essays on "What Makes a Great Sled Dog?" and studying three breeds of dog - malamute, Siberian husky, and Alaskan husky. The kids want to know if all of your dogs are Alaskan and/or Siberian huskies. We checked out your dogs' pictures today - mostly Icicle and Magic. They are having a hard time deciding which type of huskies you have. We look forward to cheering you on during the race! Take care, Jan!
ReplyDeleteCyndy Johnson
Hi Cyndy and Prairie Kids !!!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry that I haven't been blogging. But I am back at it trying to catch up with what's been happening.
Anna came and took pictures of my dogs again this past week. I am anxiously waiting for her pictures so that I can post them. Working on getting the website up to date as well. There are dogs no longer with me and also new dogs to my kennel.
Most of my dogs are the Alaskan Husky. The Siberians that I run are Bob's dogs.
Dogs are really doing well, and I can now say the same for the musher. : )
It's been a long haul getting to where we are right now. I will share more as I continue to update.
Have a wonderful weekend !!! Jan
Hi Jan-you amazing woman!
ReplyDeleteSo happy to see your blog back up! We've been studying about the Iditarod and are probably more excited about it than you are! It's easier to read about it than to run it. :)
We wish you a very happy weekend and Valentine's Day.
Happy Trails!
Julie E. and your Cherry Valley Cheetahs
Thank you so much Cherry Valley Cheetahs! (And Mrs E. !!!) I hope to keep getting just a bit caught up blog wise. It is very hard when you get behind...same goes for school. Stay on top of things kids ! Much much easier.
ReplyDeleteHope that you all had a Happy Valentine's Day.
Jan and the dogs
Love your dogs they are so cut
ReplyDelete